Thursday, 19 October 2017
WEEKLY ART PROJECT #50; PATCHES OF YELLOW
Because this succulent is very easy to grow, I have, over the years, sunk branches of it into the ground all around my house. Therefore, it currently looks as if the garden areas are glowing with radiance.
As per usual, I began with pen & paper, mapping quickly what I could see & changing that first study into more solid shapes.
I was thinking about how much I disliked it!
I recognised that, actually, that background colour just wasn't working for me & it may have been better...in hindsight NOT to add the sewn lines!
Most of all...those flowers did NOTHING for me at all, they were insipid & certainly did not express the vibrant energy of the initial source of inspiration!
So, when I got up this morning, I went into my workroom & did this;
Because the eye is focused more strongly there, the background fabric does actually fade back, as it is supposed to.
All in all a fun little experiment & I'm glad I was delayed in writing this blog!
Timing is often... everything!!